Monday, October 27, 2008

iMovie!!!

Last week was the beginnings of our iMovie project. I don't know if I have ever been so excited about a project. I just cannot wait for class tomorrow because I am so excited to see the footage we shot and begin the editing process.
We went crazy on campus - a film on social etiquette. We filmed common mistakes made by the students we love so much. They don't understand the need for personal space. They will sit close, stare, take what they want, and show excitement in less than acceptable ways. Then we proceeded to act out the way we really introduce ourselves and make new friends. It was great because we actually got real responses from students on campus. We caught their reactions as we displayed the behaviors, something I don't notice.
I guess I just love these kids so much that I don't see it weird when they practically sit on my lap or try to hold my hand when I have never met them before. We are lucky to have such big hearts for these students. It was a reality shock to see how truly this would create a socially awkward situation outside of our program and the class I work in.

No comments: