Friday, November 28, 2008

reunion

So, I have previously mentioned the twins who really helped me decide that teaching is the way I want to go and this last Monday we got together. We went to Boomers!, an arcade/family fun center, near home. We had so much fun and actually got a few great pictures in. They both asked me if I was sure I wanted to teach Special Ed. I thought it was really cute because when I said that I was sure they both asked if I knew how hard that was going to be. It means a lot to me when the girls who I love and who understand more than anyone else what it is like to be in that setting, acknowledge that it is hard and actually look out for me. Little do they know, I learn more from them. They have reached an age where while not always comfortable with their disability, they have accepted it. They know that it is a part of who they are and they both openly talked to me about how hard it is suffering from CP. I talked to them a little about the students I work with at Dan Peterson and they laughed with me because they know some of those situations.

Hopefully, I will get the pictures of them up soon, they really are beautiful with smiles like I have never seen before.

No comments: