Sunday, September 21, 2008

All About Me!

My name is Nicole Tatjana Thorkelson, but most just call me Tati. I am the oldest of five children, three sisters and one lucky brother. My family means everything to me and I love them with all of my heart. I was born here in Provo while my parents were studying at BYU. Before my next sister was born we moved down to Orange County and for the most part I have grown up in San Diego.
Being a Cougar Baby, my biggest goal in life was to one day be a cougar. I am now working on my third year and I am the biggest cougar fan there might be. My schedule revolves around football, basketball, volleyball, and even hockey games. This is where my social life is. I have even camped outside the Marriot for three days just for good tickets to the BYU vs. UofU basketball game.
I was born a water baby - I love the water. I swam all through high school and have enjoyed wakeboarding, tubing, wakesurfing, the beach, and any other imaginable activity in the water. I also discovered my love for children with disabilities during my high school years. They loved me even when I didn't love myself and for that I owe them everything.
I come from a rich cultural background. My grandma is from Argentina and thanks to her I love everything and anything that had to do with the Latino culture. Sadly, I didn't grow up speaking spanish. Spanish was my mom's first language and my dad served in Paraguay so they both speak fluently. This sparked my desire to study abroad and just this summer I spent two months studying in Guadalajara, Mexico. I loved it and had some of the most amazing adventures.
I am happy with my life and where it is going. Making it into the Special Education program was my biggest goal since being accepted at BYU. Life doesn't get much better.

No comments: